We believe a safe and intimate environment encourages children to grow and develop. Due to limited availability, we advise parents to schedule a tour as soon as possible.
Children meeting the program qualifications listed below may apply by presenting the required information at the Early Childhood Development Center main office located at 199 Sixth Street, Coronado.
1. Age: Child must be between 3 and 5 years (not eligible for Transitional Kindergarten or Traditional Kindergarten) on their first day of school
2. Immunization: Child must have 3 polio, 4 DTap, 1 MMR (given after 1st birthday), Hepatitis B series, 1 HIB (given after 1st birthday), and 1 Varicella
3. Residency: Crown Preschool accepts children that do not live within the community; however, when the children are of kindergarten age, families will need to apply for admission to CUSD with an interdistrict transfer. Enrollment in Crown Preschool does not assure an interdistrict transfer for kindergarten and beyond.
4. Priority: Given to returning students, children of CUSD employees, and children that reside in Coronado. The date of your initial contact is considered.
5. Toilet Use: All children are required to be potty trained before enrollment in the program
To apply to Crown Preschool: Each family is asked to fill out the district’s application form.
Please bring the following: