Crown School Application Process
Children meeting the program qualifications listed below may apply by presenting the required information at the Early Childhood Development Center main office located at 199 Sixth Street, Coronado.
1. Age: Child must be between 3 and 5 years (not eligible for Transitional Kindergarten or Traditional Kindergarten) on their first day of school
2. Immunization: Child must have 3 polio, 4 DTap, 1 MMR (given after 1st birthday), Hepatitis B series, 1 HIB (given after 1st birthday), and 1 Varicella
3. Residency: Crown Preschool accepts children that do not live within the community; however, when the children are of kindergarten age, families will need to apply for admission to CUSD with an interdistrict transfer. Enrollment in Crown Preschool does not assure an interdistrict transfer for kindergarten and beyond.
4. Priority: Given to returning students, children of CUSD employees, and children that reside in Coronado. The date of your initial contact is considered.
5. Toilet Use: All children are required to be potty trained before enrollment in the program
Crown Preschool's official application period takes place in February each year and notification of admission begins in March.
Applications for the current school year are accepted if space is still available. Applications may be submitted to Kathy Mathis, Director of Preschool and Child Care Services. Her office is located at the Early Childhood Development Center, 199 Sixth Street, Coronado. Please contact Ms. Mathis to inquire about space during the current school year.
To apply to Crown Preschool: Each family is asked to fill out the district’s application form.
Please bring the following:
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate or passport
- Immunization record
- Two current utility bills as proof of residency, with name and address on the bill
- Application deposit in the amount equal to one-half of the monthly tuition
When notified of admission to Crown Preschool, formal registration will follow.